This is a multi-disciplinary course validated by London Metropolitan University. This vibrant and dynamic course incorporates value-adding input from guest speakers and industry specialists, and is composed of three modules that cover the business perspectives relating to managing people (Issues in Human Resource Management), managing processes (Business Operations) and managing strategy development (Business Strategy).
There is also a cutting-edge module that looks at the latest developments and emerging trends in business and management (Business Futures), and a module that enables independent research study into a business problem or particular subject of interest (Research Methods and Project).
Students will graduate this course business-ready, in a position to seek new employment or enhance their existing employment with improved business acumen, capability and insights.
Course Structure / Units
|Spring||MN6084GN||Issues in Human Resources Management||15|
|Autumn & Spring||MN6P13GN||Research Methods and Project||30|
Requirements in both sections (A and B) must be met.
A) A minimum of an HND or Foundation Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
B) All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. If your previous study was not in English, you may need to provide an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 (or equivalent).
Pass an entry diagnostic assessment organised by the college.
In addition to entry requirements above, the College must comply with its Policy and Procedures and other regulatory bodies requirements in relation to entry and admission processes.
The College's Recruitment, Selection and Admission Policy can be found under the following link: Recruitment, Selection and Admission Policy
Assessment Weighting / Assessment:
This course consists of various assessment methods such as report, presentation, portfolio and project work. Further information on the assessment weighting can be found in the course and module specifications.
Location of Study:
- Most of the learning will take place on the college premises (Nelson College London, Commercial House, 406-410 Eastern Avenue, Ilford, Essex, IG2 6NQ), in our well-equipped classrooms. The college is easily accessible as it is near Gants Hill tube station and is served by many local buses.
- This 120-credit course is currently offered on a full-time basis, with entry in both Autumn and Spring
- The course runs over a single academic year
- Students are assessed using formative assessments, summative assessments, peer assessments, self-assessments and reflection, which are all part of the assessment strategy for this course. All summative assessments are internally moderated and aimed to assess performance against the aims of the module and its learning outcomes; these are also externally scrutinised
- There are five modules to the course (Business Operations; Business Strategy; Business Futures; Issues in Human Resource Management; Research Methods and Project)
- Students are assessed using a variety of methods, including group presentations, individual reports, portfolios, project proposals and project reports
- Each module will include several core and additional textbooks (available in the library), together with other resources
- The modules are segmented into a pattern involving guided study and independent study
- The college fee for this course is £8,000
- NCL attaches the following conditions to the fee; these are set out in the offer letter to the students:
- The College reserves the right to increase course fees annually in line with the Retail Prices Index to take account of the College’s increased costs of delivering educational services. If the College intends to increase your course fees it will notify you of this as soon as reasonably practicable.